Wednesday 28 May 2014

Revision Revision Revision


May10th 2014

Saturday

M213


Today, Dr. Teoh showed us the samples of research questions and she wanted us to spot the differences between strong and weak research questions. In order to develop a strong research question, we must keep questioning and checking ourselves with these questions. It is very vital to have a strong and focus research, should be narrow and not broad-based.

1) Do I know the field and its literature well? Which means, we have to know the field in and out.
2) What are the important research questions in my field? I read several journals related to my topic and based on my readings, I developed several questions which I intend to explore.
3) What areas need further exploration ? I am still working on this question. There are lots of areas to be improved especially on reticent students. Basically, the methods on how to measure the scale of their reticence in speaking class.
4) Could my study fill a gap ? Lead to greater understanding? Tough questions to be answered. 
5) Has this study been done before? Yes, it had been done before among Taiwanese students in EFL classroom. Not in ESL classroom.

Based on the knowledge and exposure we gained today, she wanted us to revise our research questions and see the possible responses . I am pretty satisfied with my research questions for now as I can see where  I am going to.

After that, we did some revision on what we have covered previously and it was not easy at all even with the help from the reference book. It scared me out not to be able to answer the questions but  I must not give up. Never. Never. Never !!! I still have few weeks before the test. So, buckle up Wanie!

Next, we discussed about the instruments and procedures to be used for the research.  What are the purposes of having instruments in research? It is easy. To elicit the data for the study. We can have  either interviews, questionnaires, observations or many  other ways to gather the data for the research. It depends on the type of your research and as for my case, I am planning to have two instruments which are ; interview session as well as questionnaires.

So, I will start constructing questions for my questionnaires as well as for the interview sessions later.

Good night, peeps.

See you soon, Mr. Research.




No comments:

Post a Comment